Steven M. Sandler has worked as a civil litigation trial attorney for the last 35 years. “In the courtroom, there is no substitute for experience,” says Steve. What a fulfilling experience it has been.
Steve has spent the majority of his career representing the victims of catastrophic injury. While doing so, he obtained several multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients. For the ten years prior to joining Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices, Steve defended individuals and corporate entities faced with lawsuits arising out of airplane, trucking, and auto accidents. This unique perspective from both sides of a lawsuit makes him an astute advocate on behalf of the seriously injured.
Steve has been selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyer® list for civil litigation for the past six years. He is also AV Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell® (the highest attorney rating issued) and has been honored for outstanding client service. Steve is an airplane pilot and an adjunct professor at DePaul College of Law.
At Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices, Steve diligently represents the victims of transportation accidents, defective products, and medical malpractice.
Contact Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices if you need a personal injury attorney in Chicago. Call us at (866) 400-4450 or fill out an online contact form to request your free consultation.
Education & Certifications
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- IIT- Chicago Kent College of Law: J.D. with Honors
- University of Illinois: B.A. in Political Science
Classes & Seminars
- DePaul University College of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Aviation Product Liability, Chicago, Illinois
- John Marshall Law School, Guest Lecturer
- Aviation Law, Chicago, Illinois
- I.I.T. Chicago Kent College of Law, Lecturer
- Exclusiveness of Workers’ Compensation Remedies, Presenter
- Products Liability – 10th Annual McGill Conference on International Aviation Liability and Insurance, Montreal, Canada, Presenter
- American Bar Association National Institute on Aviation Litigations, Faculty, Presenter
- Chicago Bar Association – Aviation Law Committee
- EAA AirVenture Oshkosh – Aviation Accident Litigation
- Midwest Aviation Conference and Trade Show, St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, Presenter
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Rated® by Martindale-Hubble®
- Client Distinction Award, 2013
- Million Dollar Advocate Award, 2017
- Selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers® list, 2013 – 2018
- Top-Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Chicago, IL
- Leading Lawyers, 2017 -2018
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association – Panel Attorney Legal Services Plan
- Chicago Bar Association, 2004 – Present
- Aviation Law Committee: Chairperson, 2005 – 2006
- Aviation Law Committee: Vice-Chairperson, 2004 – 2005, 2011 – 2012
- Aviation Law Committee: Legislative Liaison, 2006 – 2007
- Illinois Defense Research Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
"I will definitely recommend them!"
"I was injured in an auto accident and Dexter Evans handled my case. He was awesome. I will definitely recommend them to friends and family."
"I was very happy with the outcome of my case!"
"A friend referred me to Woodruff Johnson & Evans. Attorney Jay Johnson explained the process so that I understood what was going on with my case. He was responsive to my ..."
"I was very satisfied with the results!"
"I was referred to Woodruff Johnson & Evans by a friend who had used them in the past. Everyone I had contact with was so kind and polite. My lawyer, Jay Johnson, explained the ..."
"I had an awesome experience with Dexter Evans!"
- Jenn V.
"I was recently injured in an auto accident and Dexter Evans handled my case. He is the best. Awesome experience. Definitely would recommend to anyone!"
"They always keep in touch & are quick to respond."
"I want to thank attorney Jon Walker for all his work on my worker's comp case. He explains everything in detail to you so you understand. Always kept in touch, you didn't have ..."
"Woodruff Johnson & Evans helped settled my case when the insurance company refused to pay my medical bill!"
"I consulted the lawyers from Woodruff Johnson & Evans and they settled my case when the insurance company refused to pay my medical bill! I think I will recommend people to ..."
"Dexter Evans was incredible at handling my auto-accident case & provided constant communication about any questions or concerns I had!"
- Hunter C.
"Dexter (DJ) Evans was incredible at handling my auto-accident case and provided constant communication about any questions or concerns I had. He addressed every concern I had ..."
"Steven was helpful in preparing me for a deposition and was very instrumental in gathering details about the location of my slip and fall!"
- Sandra W.
"Steven was helpful in preparing me for a deposition and was very instrumental in gathering details about the location of my slip and fall. He negotiated what I thought was a ..."
"I would definitely hire them again!"
"I hired Jon Walker from this firm and it was the best thing I could have done for my disability case. It can be a long, complicated process, but Jon took care of everything. ..."