An unexpected injury can have life-altering consequences. If you were involved in a serious accident, you may find yourself facing mounting medical bills for immediate and ongoing treatment. You likely have to take time off work to receive this treatment and, depending on the severity of your injuries, you might be unable to return to work at all. All of this can add serious financial stress on top of the physical pain and emotional suffering you have endured.
At Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices, we understand the long-lasting challenges and far-reaching consequences of a severe injury. If your injury occurred as a result of someone else’s negligence, our Aurora personal injury attorneys can help you take legal action. With more than 100 years of collective experience, our team has what it takes to aggressively advocate for you.
You can count on Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices. Contact our Aurora office today to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation consultation. Call (866) 400-4450 to get started.
Understanding Negligence in Personal Injury Claims
While some accidents are truly blameless, many incidents occur as a result of careless, reckless, or even intentional wrongful actions. In order to pursue a personal injury claim, you must be able to show that another party acted negligently and that this negligence led to your injuries. The other party can be another person, a company, a product manufacturer, a property owner, or any other entity that has a duty of reasonable care.
There are nearly endless ways in which an accident can be caused by negligence. Some examples include:
- A distracted driver runs a red light, hitting another motorist waiting on the opposite side of the intersection.
- A defectively manufactured airbag does not inflate upon impact, resulting in the death of the automobile driver.
- The owner of a grocery store fails to put up a wet floor sign after mopping and a shopper slips, falls, and breaks her leg.
- An anesthesiologist administers anesthesia to a patient despite a note in the patient’s chart that states he is unable to receive anesthesia.
- A commercial shipping company imposes unrealistic quotas, resulting in overloaded trucks which, in turn, lead to an increase in truck accidents.
- A construction site worker falls from unsafe scaffolding on a job site and suffers permanent disabilities that prevent him from returning to work.
These are just some examples of how negligence leads to accidents. At Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices, our team handles all types of personal injury claims, including motor vehicle accidents, premises and product liability, medical malpractice, and more. We also assist injured workers who have suffered on-the-job injuries but are denied workers’ compensation and/or Social Security Disability benefits.
A Proven Track Record of Success
Our Aurora personal injury lawyers have helped countless clients throughout Kane County—and we have recovered compensation in 99% of those cases. While we cannot guarantee a specific outcome in your case, we believe that our proven track record of success speaks for itself. Our opponents know that we are not afraid to take cases to trial whenever necessary, and we will do everything we can to secure the maximum recovery our clients are owed.
When you trust your personal injury, workers’ compensation, or Social Security Disability claim to Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices, you can rest assured that you have a team that truly cares about you. We strive to treat our clients like members of our own family; cases do not go unattended and questions do not go unanswered. Instead, you can rely on our attorneys to guide you through the process from start to finish.
If you’d like to discuss your case with a personal injury lawyer in Aurora, call (866) 400-4450 or fill out an online contact form today.