Giving Back 2013
WJ&P hosted a toy drive for the Walter & Connie Payton Foundation from November 1st to December 10th. Click here to discover more about this charitable cause.
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP: Woodruff Johnson Evans has set up a $2,500.00 scholarship. This scholarship is for entering college freshmen, in the Fox Valley area, for a child of a labor union employee. This scholarship is for the 2014 enrollment year. Click here to see more.
Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices joined with Operation USA in its effort to collect monetary donations and relief supplies for the survivors of Typhoon Haiyan.
We are proud to announce that Taylor Krawczyk has been awarded the Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices Labor Scholarship! Click here to read the full story in our e-newsletter.
WJ&E teamed up with the Walter and Connie Payton Foundation to collect school supplies for underprivileged children in our community. Donations were collected at our Aurora location.
WJ&E served as a Corporate Sponsor of the 8th annual Kendall County Walter Payton “Sweetness” 5K-8K Run/Walk. This event was hosted by the Walter and Connie Payton Foundation on June 1, 2013 at Yorkville High School. The foundation helps abused, neglected & underprivileged children in the state of Illinois. We are honored to sponsor a foundation that encourages a strong family unit and seeks to build chidren’s self-esteem in our community.
WJ&E served as a Corporate Sponsor of “A Blue Tie Affair” – a charitable fundraiser that took place on April 20, 2013 at the Knights of Columbus in Ottawa. This event was hosted by The Youth Service Bureau of Illinois Valley, Inc. (YSB) a community based, not-for-profit, child welfare agency established in 1976. The attorneys at WJ&P are proud to have sponsored a foundation that responds to the needs of children and youth through a variety of programs with the purpose of enhancing the quality of life for all children, youth and families.
WJ&E is pleased to announce our Corporate Sponsorship of “Blues on Barton 5K” a charitable fundraiser hosted by The Sather Foundation on August 3, 2013 in Oswego. The event will serve as a Charity Fundraiser towards Brain Cancer research as well as causes local to the Oswegoland area. This year’s local cause is Karing for Kyla. Kyla Hartigan is a 7 year old girl who suffers from developmental delay, gross motor delay, Atrial Septal Defect and Cerebral Palsy. Blues on Barton is raising money to assist her family inmaking her home accessible to Kyla and her special needs. 90% of all net proceeds will be donated to Karing for Kyla, the remaining 10% towards Brain Cancer Research. The attorneys at Woodruff Johnson & Palermo are proud to sponsor such a remarkable foundation.
WJ&E attorney Dexter J. Evans volunteers his time at the West Suburban Humane Society.
WJ&E lends the Salvation Army Tri-City Corps a helping hand by preparing Easter Baskets. The Easter Baskets are intended for underprivileged children in our community.
WJ&E frequently contributes to the Humanitarian Service Project. Attorney Mario Palermo shows his commitment to our community by wrapping birthday gifts intended for underprivileged kids.
Woodruff Johnson & Evans Law Offices served as a major Corporate Sponsor of “Uncork Your Support”, an event hosted by Ronald McDonald Family Room® in Edward Hospital – a program of Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. Click here to learn more.
WJ&E attorney Mario Palermo volunteers at the Northern Illinois Food Bank in Geneva preparing food for redistribution to hungry families in our community.