When drivers are careless, reckless, or negligent, other people on the road have to deal with the consequences. More than 1,000 people lose their lives each year on Illinois roads and highways in motor vehicle accidents; thousands more are seriously injured. At Woodruff Johnson & Evans, we believe that negligent parties should be held accountable for their actions. Our Chicago-based car accident attorneys provide skilled legal assistance for victims of negligence throughout the state of Illinois.
If you have been injured in a car crash, contact our firm today to schedule a free confidential consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. Call (866) 400-4450 or fill out a contact form.
What to Do after a Car Accident
The success of your case may depend on the steps you take immediately following your collision. After a car accident, there are several things you should do to preserve your legal claims.
Follow our instructions for the injured to protect yourself:
- Refrain from talking to anyone (including the other driver’s insurance company) about the accident except for lawyers/investigators from our office
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible and return frequently to your doctor with any issues that arise; never minimize your complaints
- Keep detailed records of any time taken off work as a result of the accident, lost wages/income, medical bills (including medication costs), and other losses caused by the accident
- Wait to have your car or any other damaged property repaired until after our team has had a chance to examine the property, photograph it, and document evidence of the damage
- Take down any witnesses names, phone numbers, and statements, if possible and provide them to our attorneys as soon as possible
- Take photos of the scene of the accident (if possible), as well as any photos of your injuries and/or treatment (again, if possible), as these can be used as evidence by our team
- Allow your health insurance company to pay any hospital and/or medical bills; do not wait for a settlement or verdict to begin paying these bills
Our Approach to Handling Your Car Accident Case
You do not have to deal with your car accident alone. Our Chicago car accident lawyers can thoroughly investigate to determine if another person or organization is liable for your injuries. If so, we can aggressively pursue financial compensation for you.
In many cases, we will visit the accident scene to gather evidence and take photographs. We will talk to witnesses, obtain the police report, and, when necessary, bring in an expert to reconstruct the accident. We won’t make you jump through hoops to understand what’s going on. We strive to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. We can take care of the investigation, the paperwork, and the red tape so that you can focus on healing.
We have won compensation for our clients in all types of motor vehicle accident cases, including those involving:
- Freeway accidents
- Distracted drivers
- Cellphone use while driving
- SUV rollovers
- Hit and run accidents
- Interstate auto accidents
- Red light accidents
- Accidents resulting in paralysis
- Speeding accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on collisions and T-bone side impacts
- Uninsured motorists
Auto insurance companies are supposed to protect you in unexpected events—we can work to ensure that your insurance company lives up to its obligations.
For a free consultation and case evaluation following any type of car accident, please contact our offices at (866) 400-4450 today.